This time of year we receive a lot of requests from people to make senior living content predictions for 2018…
While I’m as happy as the next gal to break out my crystal ball and incense, predicting where senior living content is headed in 2018 doesn’t really take any special powers. Providers who will be successful need to take a comprehensive approach, commit to investing in quality content, and dedicate themselves to sticking with it.
Senior Living Content Predictions
If you are just now jumping on the senior living content train or if you are trying to take yours to the next level, here are a few predictions you should keep in mind as 2018 chugs forward:
- Quality counts – If you were an early adopter, you might have gotten away with fluffy, mediocre senior living content. Times are a changing! Content is being generated at a rapid clip across our industry now so you must up your quality game to compete. Voice, tone, and quality of writing are key to the success of your content.
- Turf wars – One trend the last few quarters of the year revealed to us is that there are content wars raging inside the walls of senior living providers. We are getting requests for content from companies HR departments, finance departments and dietary crews. Only a small fraction of these seem to be coordinated in conjunction with the marketing team. That disjointed approach isn’t the best. So coral your crew in one spot and commit to working on an integrated strategy together. Providers who do that will have the best return on their content investment in 2018.
- Invest in your own site – Many of us rely on social media channels to help push content out. And to generate a few fun contests and campaigns that garner attention. By now you’ve probably heard Zuckerberg and his peers at other channels are going to make it even more difficult to get your content in front of friends if you aren’t paying for it. It’s better to own than rent right? That includes your website and not just your real estate. 2018 is probably the year you want to spend less on social and more on owned content.
- Email is alive – While it might not be true of all industries, email continues to yield great results for independent living and assisted living marketing teams. If you haven’t tackled automation, 2018 might be a great time to do it.
- Semantics – Our final tip relates to key words. We still see so many providers optimizing every page for the same narrow keywords: assisted living and assisted living facility. Google is so much smarter than that. Think about writing and creating content in terms of synonyms, key word clusters and long tail key phrases. It will make your content a better read for families and really help you take your to the next level.
Answering Senior Living Content Questions
So that is our two cents on 2018 in the land of senior living content. As always, drop us a line if you have any questions!