Since Google has made it pretty darned tough to determine what keywords and phrases rank well unless you are an advertiser, we find ourselves answering more questions about keyword research tools. Unfortunately, it isn’t a “one size fits all” kind of answer.
So grab yourself a glass of your favorite adult beverage and let’s talk tools…
Keyword Research Tools and Senior Living Content
As you are exploring your keyword research tool options, here are a few questions to consider.
- Money Talks: Let’s start with your budget. No sense falling in love with a tool that blows up your budget. And many of these are crazy expensive. So take a realistic look at what you can spend each month. If a tool doesn’t fall within your budget, keep searching.
- Your Needs: Next on your list should be to consider just how much data you really want or need to dig through. Are you looking for ideas for your senior living blog? Maybe for top of the funnel topics that might pull new families in? Or are you about to embark on a full site makeover and want something that will allow you to research competitors, analyze sites for content gaps and much more.
- Free Trial: Our favorite tools all offer you an opportunity to test drive their products before you buy. Quality vendors typically have confidence in their ability to help you so they aren’t afraid to offer you a free trial. If you are debating between a few tools, doing so might be the best way to narrow your choice down to one. Most are about seven days so be sure you are ready to dig in and take advantage of your time.
Keyword Research Tools to Consider
In no particular order… here are a few to check out beyond the Google Keyword Planner in AdWords:
- SEMrush: We like this one because it offers so many resources. You can use it for intelligence gathering, keyword research, positioning tracking and site audits. Prices range from $99 a month to $399. You can test drive it with a free 7-day trial.
- Moz.com: In addition to a Keyword Explorer, they have a variety of other tools you can stroll through. From rank tracking to link building, they are worth considering too. Monthly fees range from $99 to $599 with a discount for an annual subscription. They offer a free 30-day trial.
- WordTracker: This is a very simple tool to use. While it isn’t one of our primary keyword tools, we do stop by and use their free version every now and again. It might be a great way to get started if you are new to this. And prices begin at just $37 a month.
And if you are looking for help in pumping up your senior living content for 2018, shoot us a note. We are booking now for January!