We are celebrating our Senior Editor/Co-Founder Sharon’s birthday today!!
While we won’t share her age, we will share a bit about the role she plays with our organization and why you need an editor for your senior living blog…
If you’ve spent any amount of time online, you probably have already discovered a few reasons senior living providers need an editor.
But there are others that might not be as obvious.
So here we go…
Why a Senior Living Blog Needs an Editor
If you’ve followed us for a while, you know we’ve shared posts on editing before. (Check out this post on National Grammar Day for a refresher.)
Grammar is a big reason you need an editor. It is hard to proof and police your own work. Period. Full stop – as we say in the journalism world.
What else does an editor of a senior living blog do?
Here are a few of the vital roles Sharon fulfills for SCCS clients each day:
- Reviews every article for sincerity and “voice” to make sure it hits our target persona
- Uses the carefully crafted SCCS Guidelines Checklist to make sure every article meets our standards
- Plays the role of contrarian… devil’s advocate… when we need it
- Checks to make sure we have a quality, relevant call-to-action
- Takes the ax to overly fluffy copy so every word counts and connects
- Keeps a constant eye out for new topics and issues we can write about – those that would be helpful to seniors and family caregivers
- Mentors our rookie editors as they work to master the SCCS guidelines
The good news for you is that while we have a wait list for our senior living blog subscriptions, we can help you on the editing side!
Taking advantage of our editing services will help you ensure the content you are creating in-house shines before you publish it.
Contact Us today to learn more about our editing services or join our blog subscription wait list!