So what if you’ve created an assisted living blog… had it up and running for a while now and find it still isn’t connecting?
What the heck is the problem, you might be asking yourself?
We have a few ideas based on the mistakes we see assisted living and memory care providers making.
How to Make Your Assisted Living Blog More Engaging
Here are a few quick suggestions that might help…
- Consistency: Are you blogging on a consistent schedule or only when you “have time?” Even if you only blog once a week, you need to do so consistently.
- Frequency: The cousin to consistency, how frequently you blog is also important. Some of our clients publish every day including weekends. While we know that is tough for many providers, you need to create something new every week to feed the search engines.
- Voice: People who visit your site need to feel connected to you. They need to feel as if your content has a voice that is educational and empathetic. You likely won’t find it hiring a content mill writer for $10 an article.
- Quality: Your blog represents you. And that means if you put out content riddled with typos and misspellings, folks aren’t gonna stick around. Good, solid writing matters.
- Relevance: Along those same lines is how relevant your content is. Does it answer questions families have? Is it interesting to seniors who are trying to age with grace? Thin, fluffy content just isn’t worth publishing.
- Subscribers: Finally, are you encouraging seniors and their adult children to Subscribe to your blog? It is the best way to keep them coming back. But you need to ask them to subscribe. It makes a great call-to-action at the end of your blog!
Which brings us to our own conclusion…
Are you Subscribing to our blog? We never sell or share your personal info. Pinky swear.
So use the handy form on the right side of this page to subscribe today! You’ll sound so smart talking about content marketing with your peers.